Last Updated: November 02, 2020
Who We Are
ShalePlays.com, Inc. ("ShalePlays.com") has created and operates a proprietary website and online platform to provide information to participants in the upstream oil and gas industry.
What information do we collect?
- User Provided:Contact information (e.g., name, email, phone number, phone type, user role, and other information provided by the user) to sign up for a user account or subscription, and other information provided by the user during use of the website and platform.
- Automatically Collected:IP Address, user agent, and the referring URL. When you visit our website, we automatically receive your IP address and information such as the user-agent of your web browser.
What information do we know about you?
We don't request or require you to provide personal information to access certain portions of our website, though, as noted above, we may receive your IP address and user agent automatically. If you optionally elect to create an account or sign up for a subscription, we will receive all information you provide in that process.
What About Cookies?
The ShalePlays.com website and platform may place cookies on your browser in order to identify you when you return to our website or log in to our platform in order to give you a more personalized experience.
How do we use the information we collect?
- We use aggregate information to understand how many total users have visited our web site and the types of devices on which they are using it.
- We use information you choose to provide in our web forms to sell software and/or services
- We use information you provide to us when signing up for and using our services to provide services and to correspond with you about those services.
Do we share any customer data?
We may share data with our vendors and service providers to perform tasks on our behalf.
What's the difference between personal information and aggregate information?
Personal information is information that can be used to identify a particular individual, generally understood to be information such as your name, physical address, email address and phone number. Aggregate information is not considered personal information and can’t reasonably be used to identify you individually.
Do we collect email addresses?
We do not require you to submit your email address, or any other personal information, to us in order to use the ShalePlays.com website. If you contact us directly, fill out a web form on our website, or choose to join ShalePlays.com or subscribe to our services, we will receive your contact information and may store that email and associated contact information.
Table of Contents
- What Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- How We Collect Information
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Your Reviews
- With Whom We Share Information
- Access Control
- Data Transfer
- Children's Privacy
- Do Not Track
- Your Rights
- California Privacy Rights under the CCPA
- How to Contact Us
What Information We Collect and How We Collect It
In order to provide our services to you and to ensure that our software and platform operate correctly, we collect various types of information, including information that identifies you or may identify you as an individual (“personal information”). When you use our website, sign up for our services, and use our software or platform, we collect the following information:
Information you provide to us:
- If you use the contact information provided on the ShalePlays.com website to contact us directly, you agree to allow ShalePlays.com to store and process your contact information. We will receive your contact information which could include, depending on how you contact us, your email address, name, company name, job title, the reason for contacting, and postal address.
- We receive and store the information you provide directly to us when you sign up for and use our services and platform. The types of information we may collect directly from our customers and users include name, email address, mailing address, phone number, job title, payment and billing information, and any other information provided by the user (including a user-submitted photograph if a user chooses to provide one).
When you use our website or platform, we automatically collect the following information:
- Internet Protocol Address (“IP address”). IP addresses are assigned by your Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast/Xfinity, AT&T, Time Warner, Verizon, Charter, etc.) to the modem used to access the Internet for connected devices in your home and/or work-place. Any devices using the modem to access the Internet may broadcast the same IP address. Our website receives your IP address from your Internet browser each time you request a file or web page.
- User-Agent. Due to the nature of how the Internet works, we may receive information (known as “User-Agent”) automatically sent by your web browser, such as data associated with the source device’s Internet browser/content delivery software (e.g., Microsoft Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome). The User-Agent information we receive may also include information such as device type (e.g., computer, tablet, mobile device), and/or date/time of visit. Similar to the collection of IP addresses, our website also receives User-Agent information associated with your browser and type of device.
- Information collected by cookies and other similar technologies. We use various technologies to collect information which may include saving cookies to users’ computers. These tools help us understand and improve the performance of the ShalePlays.com website and platform.
How We Collect Information
We collect information automatically when you visit our website.
- IP address. Our web site receives an IP address from your Internet browser (e.g., Microsoft Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome) each time you request a file or web page.
- User-Agent. Similar to the collection of IP address, our web site also receives User-Agent information associated with your browser (e.g., Microsoft Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) and type of device (e.g., whether the device is running a Windows or Apple operating system.)
- Contact.If you choose to contact us directly with an inquiry (by email, chat, or postal mail) using the contact information available to you on the ShalePlays.com website, we will receive your contact information and use it to provide you with a response.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- Services. We may use the information we collect in connection with the services we provide. We may use the information we collect to set up user accounts; provide, operate, and maintain services; process and complete transactions; personalize your experience; provide customer service and support and respond to inquiries; to send communications; to prevent fraudulent activity; for any other purpose based on our legitimate interest.
- Website. We may use the information we collect to administer and improve the ShalePlays.com website and platform.
- Promotional Communications. We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the instructions provided in any email we send or by following the unsubscribe link in those emails.
- Analytics. We may use aggregated information that’s collected to understand general information and trends related to our website, such as how many users have visited our web site during a given period of time, and the types of devices the visitors use. The information can’t be used to identify an individual and is used by us to help improve the solution for consumers.
- IP addresses – Fraud Prevention. Our use of IP addresses is limited to helping identify and combat potentially fraudulent activity. IP addresses are stored in our database and in our log files.
- Respond to Inquiries. If you choose to contact us directly (by email, form, or postal mail) using the contact information we provide on the ShalePlays.com website, we will use your contact information to respond to your inquiry.
- Companies Listed on the ShalePlays.com Site. We may share your review(s) with the companies or providers of the products/services that you reviewed or with the companies listed on our site.
When you post a review, your first name and last initial will be shown, as well as a photo if you have provided one, in connection with your review. This information may be used and appear on 3rd party websites, such as the company you are reviewing as well as search engines.
With Whom We Share Information
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share your information with vendors and service providers whom we engage to perform tasks on our behalf.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about you with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
- Business Transfers. If ShalePlays.com is acquired or merged with another company, we will transfer collected information to the acquiring company.
- In Response to Legal Process. Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose personal information if necessary to comply with a subpoena or court order, to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or to cooperate with government and/or law enforcement officials.
We may share aggregated information (i.e., information that cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual) for a variety of reasons, including under the following circumstances:
- User Experience Enhancements. To make our product better and foster transparency.
- Business Transfers. If ShalePlays.com, is acquired or merged with another company we will transfer aggregate information to the acquiring company.
- Legal Reasons. We may share aggregate information if necessary to comply with a subpoena or court order, to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or to cooperate with government and/or law enforcement officials.
- For any lawful basis.
We take security very seriously. Ensuring that the information collected by our website and platform is secure and protected is very important to us. Consistent with industry standards and applicable law, ShalePlays.com has established appropriate technical and organizational measures to help prevent unauthorized access to, disclosure, alteration or misuse of information collected by the ShalePlays.com website and platform (“Collected Data”).
We use Amazon Web Services to store all Collected Data. Amazon employs a robust physical and network architecture security program with multiple certifications. For more information on Amazon’s security processes, please visit https://aws.amazon.com/security/.
All services related to operations and infrastructure are accessible only through secure connectivity (e.g., SSL, SSH). Our back-office, service, and infrastructure password policies require minimum lengths, complexity, expiration, lockout, and disallows reuse. ShalePlays.com grants access to staff and contractors on the basis of least privilege rules, reviews permissions monthly, and revokes access immediately after employee termination.
Our databases are currently located in the United States. ShalePlays.com makes no claim that our website or platform are appropriate or lawful for use or access outside the United States. If you access our website or platform from outside the United States, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information from your location to the United States. You are solely responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations regarding online conduct and access to our website or platform. By sending us your information, you further consent to its storage within the United States.
The ShalePlays.com website and platform were not developed or intended for individuals that are deemed to be children under applicable data protection or privacy laws, nor do we knowingly collect information from children.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
- We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
- If you would like to request access, review, update, rectify, or delete any personal information we have about you, you can you can e-mail us at email@example.com, or you can write to us at ShalePlays.com, Inc., Attn: Privacy Dept., 761 Trinity Hills Drive #8202, Austin, Texas 78737. Our privacy team will respond as soon as possible.
- California residents have the right to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal information we share with third parties for marketing purposes. California residents can exercise this right by submitting a written request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via regular mail at ShalePlays.com, Inc., Attn: Privacy Dept., 761 Trinity Hills Drive #8202, Austin, Texas 78737.
California Privacy Rights under the CCPA
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA") provides California consumers with certain rights regarding their personal information.
The section "What Information We Collect and How We Collect It" explains the specific details of personal information ShalePlays.com collects. The CCPA also requires listing categories of personal information collected. As defined by the CCPA, we collect, or have collected in the past 12 months, the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers (such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, IP address)
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) (such as name, contact information, employment)
- Commercial information (such as transaction information, purchase history, payment information)
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing history, search history, online behavior)
- Professional or employment-related information (such as job title and your business contact information)
- Inference data about you (such as additional features we think would be of interest to you)
Personal information, as defined by the CCPA, does not include publicly available information from government records and de-identified or aggregated consumer information.
We use and disclose the categories of personal information we collect from and about you consistent with the business purposes discussed in the section "How We Use the Information We Collect".
The CCPA also sets forth obligations for businesses that "sell" personal information to third parties.
If you are a California resident, you may have the following consumer rights under the CCPA:
- Right to request deletion of personal information. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain conditions and limitations under the law.
- Right to Opt-Out of the sale of personal information. The CCPA provides consumers with the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information. We do not share, sell, rent, or trade User Personal Information with third parties for their commercial purposes as defined under the CCPA.
- Right to non-discrimination for exercising a consumer privacy right. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA.
To exercise any of your rights as set out above, please submit a written request via email to email@example.com, or via regular mail at ShalePlays.com, Inc., Attn: Privacy Dept., 761 Trinity Hills Drive #8202, Austin, Texas 78737.. You will be required to verify your identity before we are able to fulfill your request. You can designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so, you will need to provide a written authorization or power of attorney signed by you for the agent to act on your behalf. You will still need to verify your identity with us. Note that consumers may only make a personal information request twice in a 12-month period under the CCPA. We will work to respond to your verifiable request within 45 days of receipt. Certain information may be exempt from requests under applicable law.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following address or phone number:
Attn: Jeff Chambers
761 Trinity Hills Drive
Austin, TX. 78737